Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pick Me! Pick Me!

Since I'm always looking for excitement and adventure, I applied for "The Greatest Job in the World". In case you haven't heard about this job, Tourism Queensland is offering a position of Island Caretaker. The selected employee will experience all the tourism events on and around Hamilton Island (on the Great Barrier Reef) and will keep a blog and video journal for six months. That's right, I applied to move to Australia. I hope I make the cut!

TQ will choose ten candidates, and an eleventh candidate is chosen as a wild-card applicant from the website. The video with the most popular votes wins the wild-card position. If you have time, I'd appreciate your vote on my video. You can vote here.

I'm trying desperately not to get my hopes up. After all, there are already nearly 10,000 applicants from all over the world. It would be great fun, though, so I'm willing to give it a shot. BTW, if I get the job, you are all more than welcome to come to Australia to visit me and the fish!

5 comments:

Kacey said...

How do you even hear about this stuff? That would be totally amazing and I would not miss the chance to visit you there! I'll hop on over and vote for you!

Deanne said...

You have my vote! Good luck!

Melisa said...

I'll vote for you! Take me with you!

Amy said...

Cute video! I voted for you too...they'd be nuts not to pick you!

Tiffany said...

Jon applied for the job as well! So, hopefully one of us get it and the other can have a great vacation!!