Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Midnight Shuffle

I'm sure every parent can relate to this...here's a rundown of the sleeping arrangements that comprised last night:

9:00 p.m. Rex falls asleep in his pack & play (in the family room)
10:00 p.m. Karli falls asleep in her crib (in the bedroom)
11:15 p.m. Amber and Natalie fall asleep in Adam and Nat's bed (in the bedroom, too)
3:24 a.m. Adam moves Amber to her toddler bed (also in the bedroom) and climbs in to bed with Natalie
3:25 a.m. Karli wakes up and gets in bed with Adam, Natalie, and Rex (who is eating)
3:31 a.m. Karli gets relegated to Rex's pack & play (in the living room) because she won't stop screaming
3:39 a.m. Rex gets put in Karli's crib
4:48 a.m. Amber jumps from her bed into Adam and Natalie's bed
6:30 a.m. Adam gets out of bed and ready for school
7:03 a.m. Karli climbs out of Rex's bed and crawls in bed with Natalie and Amber
7:12 a.m. Rex needs to eat again, so he joins the crew in the big bed
7:30 a.m. Rex goes back into Karli's crib
7:31 a.m. Natalie takes her blanket to the couch for 29 minutes of uninterrupted sleep

I have to say that I am most excited for Adam to graduate simply because we can move to a place that has more than one available bedroom! We have quite a circus each night. :)

7 comments:

Deanne said...

You're quite a trouper. I don't know how you do it. I don't function well without my sleep!

Brynn said...

Oh man...only a couple more months!

Deanne said...

Oops, I meant trooper...

Deanne said...

Well, maybe it is trouper? Natalie, you're the English buff. What's the official word? I can still claim "mommy brain" even though I don't have a newborn, right?

Becky said...

So when do you go to bed? During nap time. My eyelids would be twitching by now.

Adam said...

What happens between 3:24 and 3:25?

Amy said...

That is one of the things I like most about my kids growing up. Now we are just down to one kid in our bed (sometimes 2 if Hunter wakes up).