Friday, May 23, 2008

Sexy Rexy

Rex is rarely awake, so anytime he opens his eyes I reach for the closest camera I can find (usually my cell phone...which explains the bad resolution and lighting, sorry!). Here are a few shots of the handsome little devil:



Yes, yes...that is a nightgown, but I swear it's a boy nightgown (what!?). Despite the problems that may arise down the road involving Rex's sense of gender identity, the boy nightgowns make 3 a.m. diaper changes much easier on mom (try snapping up a sleeper in a dark room without contacts in).

Obviously, Rex is not starving. Some of his newborn clothes are already tight around his tummy and he's only three weeks old. His cheeks are even more kissable and squishable (Amber and Karli's preferred method of displaying affection) than they were a just a week ago. Rex has been a joy and we really like having another male in the house. He only cries when he's hungry and he's been smiling a lot (o.k., fine, it's a polite way to say he has gas a lot). We love him!

6 comments:

Melisa said...

Oh, what a cutie! Look at those cheeks! He'd look cute with any camera!

Becky said...

Well, don't you think gas is something to smile about? Unless you're at the other end of things if you get my meaning. Rex really is a beautiful boy and has great expressions for such a new baby. I believe those "night gowns" are called Layette's and are the only way to go, male or female in the middle of the night. Men used to wear night gowns in the olden days and some even wore kerchiefs or maybe those were caps, I don't know. Can't wait to see you and the baby Rex.

Brynn said...

Oh what a sweet little face!! I wish I could see him in person! Congratulations on having such a sweet little boy!

Amy said...

What a hunk! Hunter had the boy gowns too. It drove my girls crazy to see their little brother wearing a dress:)

Sean and Jeannette said...

I LOOOVE the "boy-gowns"! Seriously, they are the best! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter and cuter.....

Kahananui said...

He is so cute!! Jax also wore nightgowns I think it was always weird to Dave. He didn't really like that his BOY was wearing a "dress"...they really are so much easier though!! I can't believe how much they change... even within the first few weeks! Rex is just adorable though!!!