Thursday, August 7, 2008

Walk, Schmalk


Just when I thought I couldn't be surprised by anything else that takes place in our apartment parking lot, I saw this. The sad thing about this incident is that it is not the only one of its kind; we have recently discovered a whole gang of Rascal-ridin' Georgetown dwellers who are perfectly capable of walking around (I see them strolling easily to and from their power chairs that they actually park in parking spaces), but elect to let the Great State of Michigan pay for everything they use, including transportation. In case CATA was thinking about adding a bus route from one end of our parking lot to the other, they can rest easy knowing Medicaid has already solved the problem! I can't believe my eyes. In fact, I find this slothful transport so stunning that I sneakily snapped this picture through the window while I was washing dishes so I could share it with all of you (I felt so scummy, like a tabloid paparazzo). On the other hand, though, maybe it is a great way to save gas money. I mean, really...pride and self-respect are so overrated!

5 comments:

Melisa said...

You guys seriously looked so cute walking as a family yesterday. At least you are being a good example!

Deanne said...

I know. I've actually witnessed this myself at your place. So bizarre.

Becky said...

Well, my pride, though it may be false is quite in tact. Have you ever been rammed by one of these things while shopping in Meijer? I've been side swiped before and the swiper didn't even apologize. I can't believe that half of the shoppers are without use of their legs because I swear that half of their shoppers are in those things. There is still hope. There's this huge, or was huge,guy who goes walking everyday off of Haag listening to his music and singing along as he goes. That walking stuff is really helping him. Maybe he could swing by and yank those people out of their carts!

Deke said...

This reminds me of a Family Guy.. oh wait have I said that before? BOOM-SHOCK-A-LOCK.

stephanie said...

it is so much deeper than that...
the woman, or should i say "Don", pictured isn't just a little old lady. she is the god[mother] of the georgetown-lansing chapter of the bqtmq's, a gang so secret and so violent, very little is actually known about their operations. this we do know:
1. charlote "mama", or "godmutha" johnson is the leader. she cruises the tumultuous streets of the G-town parking lots upon her "red pony", a nick name given to her state-owned motorized chair.
2. in this particular picture, shantikque "crazy regul8in b-i-a-otch" jones, a relatively new initiate to the chapter, is suspected of having "pinched" or withheld a small amount of dope from some larger amount she was ordered to "mule" or transport. in retaliation, "godmutha" is holding shantikque's second oldest child as a ransom until shantikque is able to repay principal and interest on the fix she stole.
if you have ANY information about further activity, please contact your local FBI field office.
thank you.