Thursday, August 28, 2008

Word of the Day


Amber and Karli always try unsuccessfully to convince me to let them watch Spongebob Squarepants on T.V. I can't even begin to describe my dislike for that character and that show; maybe it's because the whole thing is just plain annoying, but I would rather eat a plate of worms than watch an episode of Spongebob. One day at playgroup, I was talking to other moms and the subject came up. I said, "Spongebob is hideous!" and I guess Amber heard me.

Today, while lying on the bed, Amber said, "Mom, Spongebob is FRIDEOUS!" I said, "What does frideous mean?" So Amber explained, "It means Spongebob is freakin' out and hideous at the same time!" As an English nerd, I'm so proud of her for developing her own word, and I'm overjoyed that she finally realizes my point of view.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I think Amber is a genious! Can't wait to see you guys.

Kahananui said...

I've never been able to get into Spongebob either. Every boy seems to be though so I'm just waiting for Jax to want to watch it. How cute that she makes up words. She is so adorable!!!

Amy said...

That is so cute! I miss Amber! It sounds like she has grown up A LOT since I saw her last:(