Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Great Memory

Tonight while enjoying another early bedtime for everyone in the house but me (yay!), I was working on the computer and listening to some of my favorite music. "Your Song" by Elton John came on and it conjured up so many great memories of when Adam and I were newlyweds and we lived in St. George. We would drive to Vegas frequently to hang around, eat cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, shop for lingerie, see the sights on the Strip, and get burgers at In-n-Out. It was great fun to be able to pick up on a whim and hit the town. My favorite part of our jaunts was watching the Bellagio fountains that were choreographed to "Your Song". Standing there in the dark, watching beautiful scenes, hearing great music, and being with my sweetie was fabulous!


3 comments:

Melisa said...

You know I love you, but Elton John sends me into convulsions. So does Rod Stewart actually...

tedio

Kacey said...

Not to take away from your wonderful memory, but do you remember my first trip to Vegas when we were at Ricks? Those pictures in the hall, the guys we met at New York New York (yikes what was I thinking?), chasing Shelley and the little girls around the strip, some local guy's house that Shelley had to visit, job offers, but the best memory is seeing the Bellagio for the first time and going to that great restaurant right next to the arboretum. Really it's a miracle we made it home in one piece. When I look at those pictures I get a mixture of sick feelings and pure happiness.

Vegas Fitness Girl said...

Come down to Vegas anytime!