Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Retro Delight

The lighting of the "Flaming Turtle" fondue was my favorite part of the class.


Last night, my wonderful friend Leslie and I went to a fondue class at Thanksgiving Point. It was great fun, great food, and I even expanded my horizon de cuisine and sampled duck. It was pretty yummy! I learned that meat and veggies can also be poached in broth rather than fried in oil (seems obvious, right? but I'm not very creative these days), which made me love the idea of fondue even more. A gal from The Melting Pot taught the class and I scored several of their yummy recipes. If you want them, leave a comment and I'll email them to you. To have an evening away from the kids with a great pal and fantastic food was delightful and I'm excited to make fondue for my family. Bon apetit!

9 comments:

stephanie said...

looks like so much fun!! Send them my way! How are the kids...I cant believe Rex is already walking. They grow up way to fast!

Becky said...

That looks and sounds yummy. Believe it or not, I have never tried fondue (sp?) but someday perhaps. As long as the cheese stuff doesn't taste like velveta, that's just what it always looks like they're eating in the movies where fondue is involved.

Mary Ann said...

I can always use New Recipes!

Amy said...

I definitely want the recipes! Melting Pot is YUMMY!

Tiffany said...

How fun! I'd love the recipes if you're willing to share! We need to get together again soon.

Melisa said...

Give me the recipe hook up! Fondue is my favorite!

Kacey said...

I have a fondue pot that someone bought us for our wedding. It is still in the box. I'd love to see those recipes and give it a go.

Welch Mom said...

yum, Robb and I went to the Melting Pot a few times and loved it. Of course that was back when we had time to sit down to 3 hours of dinner!

Leslie said...

thanks again for inviting me. i had a wonderful time! seeing amber's dance moves afterwards was a nice little bonus as well!