Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Radio Disney Days

Today we journeyed to Salt Lake to visit Radio Disney Days at the Gallivan Center. Yesterday, when I told Amber that we would go after she went to bed and woke up, she ran upstairs and laid out her Belle dress, her black shoes, her rose purse, and her fancy white gloves. Then, she found Karli's Aurora dress, the fancy plastic shoes that go with it, the Aurora crown, and a pink purse to match. Moments later, she came back downstairs and proudly announced, "Mom, I have everything all situated for tomorrow!" I had to check it out and I was thoroughly impressed when I saw the array of dresses and accessories.

Finally, Tuesday morning arrived and after much ado regarding whose crown matched which dress, and a generous donation of a "Cinderella tiara" from Grandma Shelley, we were on the road. We had a great time listening to the bluegrass band play one of my favorites, "Orange Blossom Special", and the kids loved the instrument petting zoo. Amber played a trumpet and managed a squeak, but Karli couldn't muster enough air to play anything on that horn. She opted for a tiny violin and it was adorable to see them try out some little instruments. Then, we waited in line for 30 minutes in 100-degree weather for a ride on the Copper Mountain Express. Rex loved the bell on the train, so I thought he'd be excited to go for a ride on it. To my chagrin, though, he threw a massive fit upon being seated. Amber and Karli climbed right in and had a delightful tour of the plaza.



After the kids each earned a cute but annoying train whistle, I had reached my temperature threshold and dragged them all into the bank for some refreshing air conditioning and some cash for the parking attendant. To my delight, the bank validated my parking slip and we made it to the car just in time to see the sweetest, loudest, black Lamborghini I've ever seen. The guy driving it sat idling, waiting for me to finish the process of buckling all three kids and collapsing the stroller, heaving it into the trunk, and making sure I hadn't left one of the many requisite sundries behind, but soon realized I would be a while and drove off with a loud zoom.


Despite the whining voices the whole way home, it was a fun excursion that we plan to do again in September when it won't be so hot.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

aren't you the best mom! taking the kids in the 100 degree weather being pregnant. I don't know if I would be so willing. i love how amber had everything laid out for the adventure, too cute!

Amy said...

You have been busy! I love that Amber was so excited to go to Radio Disney...and I love her unintentional choice of words at her dance performance:) Good luck on the bar tomorrow!!!