Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yumness


I have always had an affinity for black licorice, and my pregnancy hormones magnify it to an unhealthy degree. I can eat a whole bag of Black Vines in one day, so you can imagine my delight when Mette, my friend from Denmark, introduced me to Danish licorice. It's super salty and so yummy. She gave me my very own bag of Haribo Lakrids the other day and I was in heaven! My sister Allison (on a mission in Denmark) also loves it, so here's hoping she'll bring me a massive stockpile when she comes home in March. Gotta love junk food!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Haribo also makes gummy bears and when I was in Austria I heard an add that went: Haribo macht Kinder froh!
Haribo makes children happy. I'd say that Haribo macht Natalie froh! I too am a fan of black licorice. Yummy! I'm guessing your child will also have a liking for it. Unfortunately, some kids are born as crack addicts, and some, on a more positive road, are born as licorice addicts.

stephanie said...

YUCK!! I hate that stuff! But I know what you mean about the cravings! I keep a bag of candy bars in the fridge...and they disappear really fast!

Welch Mom said...

My junk food craving was always cheese doritos. Not so healthy for you either, but very yummy. I used to get a snack bag every day when I left work. One day they got stuck and I was shaking the machine. I thought "come on machine,don't get between a pregnant lady and her doritos!"

Joe and Marci said...

I'm pretty sure you can get those at Pirate O's in Draper.