Monday, December 27, 2010

My Baby is One Year Old!



Where does the time go? I vividly remember all the end-of-pregnancy drama I experienced last year like it was yesterday. It's been a wonderful year and I love having Case in our family. He's delightfully sweet, cuddly, and adorable. His brown eyes and olive skin are so handsome and different from anyone else's in our family (thank you, Clark genes, for finally appearing). Everyone loves Case and we are all thrilled to have him around.
Since he's the youngest (rip off) and since he only turned one this year (rip off again), we didn't do much to celebrate. Amber and I actually went to San Diego on Case's birthday, so I made a penguin cake and we had a tiny party with my parents, Jen and her family, Adam's parents, and us after Christmas. The cake didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted it to, but Case loved it and it tasted good. He loved being the birthday boy and would smile bashfully when anyone wished him a happy day.

I've tried to enjoy every aspect of Case's babyhood since he's my last and it's been a fantastic 12 months of snugly, squishy kisses, miserable ear infections, and the cutest giggle. I love my little Queso!

6 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Oh my cute cake!! Oh my even-cuter Case!! I can't believe he's one, it can't be so. That means Annie is right behind him. He is such a darling boy!! We have GOT to figure out a time to get together!

Parrish Family said...

He really is such an adorable little boy!! And I can't believe that he is already one!! He sure is sweet!

And the cake looks darling!

stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to Case! Its crazy how fast the first year goes by! Hope he had a great day!

Becky said...

Wow! One year old?! Time. I love the cake. I really think you are one of the most talented and innovative people out there.
A MI moment...I was looking for a babysitter the other day and the bishop of our ward has a daughter who is wonderful at it. I looked on my ph. and saw "bishop" on my directory. I called and asked for this girl and the man said, I don't have a daughter named --. "Oh, I'm sorry, who am I talking to? Bishop Robinson" Oops! I apologized and after hanging up I realized who I'd called, our MI bishop. Time to update the list in my phone.

Deanne said...

Super cute penguin cake! Case is pretty cute too. =)

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I can't believe he's already a year old! Happy birthday Case!