Thursday, July 3, 2008

Midnight Visitor

I have to admit one thing: if we are going to have disturbances in the night due to unexpected visitors, I think I'd rather have it be mysterious criminals escaping the law than vermin. Unfortuately, the pond behind our house is a haven for both, so once in a while we get the latter sort (they don't even have the courtesy to knock on the door and give us a chance to grab the gun...they come in from under the oven and scare us out of our wits). We managed to grab a picture of our univited guest last night before we dispatched him to the dumpster where he'll hopefully be a happier rodent.

If you know Adam, you know that even though he is a strapping man who is afraid of very few things, mice get the best of him. He has my utter respect, though, because I am even more freaked out by the creepy, crawly creatures and could never muster enough courage/gall to stick my head under the oven and remove the trap. While I'm undecided on whether I prefer live or fatal traps, one thing is certain: I prefer visitors of the human persuasion!




4 comments:

Becky said...

Ick! We had a mouse and it's crazy how psycho we can act while trying to capture and kill it. I'm all for catch and release, but when the only thing you can reach it with is a broom handle, things can get out of hand. I'm glad you caught your vermin and I'm sure you'll sleep better knowing he has a new residence. I'd have to say I'd prefer a mouse to a bat, a visitor a friend of mine had in her bedroom int he middle of the night, creepy!

Becky said...

sorry about the grammer/typing problems in the earlier comment.

Amy said...

Did you actually touch that thing??? Did Adam scream like a little girl? I hate mice!!!

Deke said...

You shouldn't kill it unless you are going to grill it come on you guys know better then to kill an innocent helpless animal.

Love
PETA