Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Yard Free From Disgusting Debris

To me, playing in the "yard" in Lansing seemed akin to playing in a prison yard; the sparse lawn was dry and brown, the spaces between the sorry little blades of grass were actually filled with an assortment of razor blades, plenty of cigarette butts and bottle caps, and shards of broken liquor bottles, and we had spectators galore (the really creepy kind). We love playing in our yard in Alpine, where the grass is lush and green, the swings are free from any questionable substances that may or may not be infested with diseases, the air is cool and crisp, and we have a spectacular view! Karli would sit in this swing 24/7. She loves it!


Amber and Gracie are great pals and have had a riot playing together.

Rex loves his cousins, Mckinzie and Whitney. The two babies are pudgy little pals and love to stare at each other all the time.

I love the dry air here! My hair is slightly less-humongous and everything smells fresh here (except, of course, Utah Lake, but that goes without saying!).

Here's the view from the deck behind our house. The photo just doesn't do it justice. I love to look out the windows and see mountains in every direction. Next on our list is to go up the canyon for a campfire.

4 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I am so jealous that you get to see those beautiful mountains everyday! I miss them!
I'm glad you made it safely to Utah! We miss you out here.

Deanne said...

Beautiful! It sure beats the view out of your window in Lansing! But that's not too hard. ;) Glad you are enjoying it so much. But we still miss you here!

Kahananui said...

I love that picture of Rex and Whitney...they look so cute together! I'm glad you guys are finally back in Utah and Adam should be there by now. How fun! Hope we can come visit soon!!

Kacey said...

Oh my gosh, who does Gracie belong to? She is a doll and she reminds me of what I remember Marianne looking like when I was at Ricks forever ago!