Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry, Merry Hangovers

I had so much fun getting ready for Christmas this year because Amber and Karli were actually excited about Santa Claus, and they seem to understand the purpose for the holiday, which makes it even better. I got to shop for our kids this year (after three very lean years of law-student budgets, it was grand) and I made them some cute little pajama pants to accompany the darling turquoise robes and t-shirts my mom found for the girls. Rex discovered candy canes in his stocking and decided to help himself--they are his new favorite--and the girls have spent the day playing with their Snap n' Style dolls, Princess Polly Pockets, and doodle boards while gorging on oodles of yummy junk food.
My role as Mrs. Claus kept me up way past my bedtime many a night over the past month, which explains my zombie-like state of semi-lucidity today. That said, I'm off to bed early tonight to enjoy the feeling of having nothing else to do for a few moments. Whew. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

5 comments:

Kahananui said...

I hope you were able to finally get a good night sleep! I can't wait to see some pictures of your cute girls opening their presents and of their cute pajamas. Sounds like they had a great Christmas!! Hope you and Adam did too!

Becky said...

I'm gwad you settled down for some west and wewaxation. Kids make Christmas! We too had lots of goodies and most of it chocolate. It's funny that, everyone knowing I'm always needing to loose weight, I got several items of chocolate. Thanks everyone for the motivation. The nice thing is, is Isaac has helped me get rid of it. Last night he came walking in with a huge Hershey's candy bar and nibbled around the edges, so cute.

Melisa said...

I can hardly wait to be out of the 'lean years'. I didn't buy a thing for my kids this year. Makes me feel bad, but they had more than enough.

inerm

Welch Mom said...

Isn't it so much fun though. Cole was so excited and loved his experience and it was great to see it through his eyes. I bet your Christmas was very cute!

Amy said...

Have you caught up on your sleep yet? I wish I could sew like you do! I love the card that you made for my mom...it turned out soooo cute!