Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Swear That Kid Could Poop an Ornament


It's not just a line from "Bruce Almighty"...it really happened a few days ago. Rex is fully mobile now, so he has made his way across the floor of our house many a time, picking up and ingesting any sort of foreign object he finds along the way.
The other day, he had a stinky diaper, so I laid him down and began the oh-so-awful process of changing him. After I wiped off the offensive matter, I noticed a small, silver shard of what looked like tinsel still stuck to his (please pardon the graphic nature of the following statement, but it's imperative to the plot) rectal area. I grabbed a fresh wipe, fashioned a modified glove, and proceeded to grab the silver tinsel to remove it. To my horror, it was not just a shard. I pulled and pulled and pulled and the result was a streamer about 13 inches long! It came right out of his bum!
Can you believe it? I couldn't. How did he swallow that whole length of streamer without choking? It was a horrific and hilarious sight to behold. I think it's safe to say that Rex took the holiday celebrations a bit too far this year.

4 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

That is hilarious!

Deanne said...

Too funny! That happened to our cat once. It kept hitting him in the behind and he would get startled and run away. It took us hours to convince him to come out of hiding so we could help him. I'm glad to hear that Rex was more cooperative than that! =)

Becky said...

I have tears in my eyes from that story. That was awesome! It's hard to believe you able to get it out in such an organized fashion. His intestines probably did that as a favor to you.

Melisa said...

Ack! Oh, but babies are so much work! You just can't watch them all the time!

flized