Saturday, January 3, 2009

All Hail the Victorious Utes!

January 2, 2009 will go down in the Clark Annals of History as the best day of Utah football thus far. The Utah Utes beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl! Do you understand how huge that is? Alabama was ranked #1 in the BCS for half of the season! All I can say is that the Utes rock, big time.

Kristi, Jake, Kinzie and Whitney came over to watch the game (what a great way to spend their second anniversary, huh?!) with our family and Greg and Leslie. We were all rooting for the Utes, but Adam, Jake and I seemed to be the most passionate fans of the bunch. Our team didn't disappoint; the first quarter was the most explosive I've seen and it was marvelous to see Barry Switzer eat his words.
This was a sweet play...just like the whole game! Playoff series and number one in the nation...here we come.
All of the kids had fun wearing Kinzie's Utes wig. Isn't red a marvelous color?

5 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

That game was soooo sweet!

Becky said...

I have degrees of loyalty as far as sports go and yesterday, was one of those most rare occasions when I had a tinge of loyalty to the Utes, after all red is one of my favorite colors. #1 Dixie #2 BYU #3 Utah State (that's out of charity) #4 Utah #5 Al's School for Chest Hair Removal. Yesterday, because Utah was the only one out there showing the world what an awesome state Utah is, I was a fan. It's kind of like when the werewolves and the vampires come together to fight the Volturi, and for a moment we can all be friends or at least we'll abstain from eating each other. So, congrats on the win and see you next Fall for some Cougar football! :)

Amy said...

I missed the game...what a shame! I love the card you made with all of the grandkids in the red wig...so cute!

Melisa said...

Switzer is an idiot. Period.

It was a great game!

ressin

Leslie said...

wasn't it the best! I loved watching it (atleast the parts i got to see between Oscar's feedings and bath and bedtime). The Larson clan was yelling and cheering through the whole game. I could tell when Utah did something good because everyone upstairs got excited! Way to Go Utes!!!