Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to the Old Song and Dance

Just when I thought our nights of having random leftovers from the fridge and freezer for dinner because Adam was at a night class were over, suddenly we're reliving them thanks to the 4-hour-a-night Bar prep course he's taking at the U of U. It's pretty sad that just because my picky husband is gone, I make my kids suffer through dinner after dinner of freezer-burned miscellany in hopes of digging out the ice-encrusted contents to one day find the actual shelves. One of my major personality traits (flaws?) is that I hate to waste anything, so even if it's barely palatable, I'll fix it for the three of us girls. Tonight, we had a gourmet selection of pizza pockets, chicken and edamame stir fry with ginger sauce and several unidentifiable veggies, tomato soup with saltine crackers, and cold cereal (my meal of choice). I guess on the bright side, Adam will think his usual, in-class dinner of Pepsi and a Snickers bar is haute cuisine. I can't wait for the Bar exam to be over!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I am with you on that. When Ben is gone - we eat PB&J or Grilled Cheese. Good luck making it through this time!

Sean and Jeannette said...

Ooooooooh, I hear ya'! I finally had to have the "pizza pocket talk" with Sean. I had to put an end to them before he turned into a giant one!

Kara Rodriguez Reese said...

Hey--I'm an old friend of Amy's and saw your darling blog from hers. What an adorable family! I want to wish you and Adam all the best. I've also been where Adam is and am full of lawyer-ly advice. And it's probably too late, but I also have ALL the bar exam cds and books and live right by your in-laws--in Highland. Love, Kara Rodriguez Reese (k_namaste@hotmail.com)

Welch Mom said...

What breakfast for dinner is not a delicacy? Then somebody better shoot us!
By the way the word verification I got the other day said: sayslopp
I thought it was funny and thought of you immediately.

Tiffany said...

I am busting up laughing! I know sometimes Jon is seriously thankful that he doesn't have to eat the "stuff" I make for me and Reagan. I also now don't think making extras to have another meal in the freezer is a good idea!