Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Shameful Admission


I can't believe I'm even saying this, for so many reasons, but tonight I got an adrenaline high from cleaning the house. I guess it's a sign that my life really is lacking excitement, but after doing dishes, sweeping (for the fourth time today) and mopping the kitchen, helping the girls clean their room, scrubbing the tub, folding a mountain of laundry, and removing ill-fitting clothing from my kids' drawers, I felt a huge surge of endorphins and thought, "Wow...I feel really great, and look at everything I've accomplished with kids around!" Then, I immediately blushed and thought, "I'm such a housewife...I need to work out/get out more if cleaning makes me feel this way." Oh well. I actually do like being a Mormon housewife, so I'll take a high any way I can get it!

5 comments:

Deanne said...

I don't think you're alone. I know I feel a high if I ever get all those things accomplished. Having a clean and orderly house is definitely reason to celebrate! =)

Kahananui said...

I get the same way! It's crazy how just getting that stuff done can make you feel. It's great though. There's nothing like a clean house!

Christina White said...

Amen sister! I feel that cleaning High!! I sometimes feel slightly pathetic . . .but it is what it is . . .It is the stage of life that we are in now and it is measured in somewhat small things! Joy is Joy. And a clean house is a Joy to all who live there---And those people are the most important! I enjoy your blog! Keep posting! BTW the word verification that they want me to type right now is "gluttes" Ha Ha

Welch Mom said...

Although it makes me more relaxed after I get it cleaned. You deserve to relax now...Enjoy the high because if your family is anything like mine you will be cleaning again tomorrow!

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

I think that way too. I love more then anything a clean house! And I love being a mormon housewife. I feel like my house is my artwork that I get to experiment with. And sometimes when I start cleaning I start getting so excited and have to go through every last drawer and cupboard because it makes me feel so good. haha.