Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Walkie-Screamy

This video is about a month and a half overdue, but since it takes a year to upload videos on this computer, I'm just now finding time to do it. Rex is walking all over the place now, and it's so cute to see how proud of himself he becomes when he gets to where he wants to go.

I've been trying to teach him words, signs, actions like blowing kisses or waving, actually anything that seems intelligent, but he is not interested at all! Instead, he just screams when he sees something he wants. It's adorable (can you sense the sarcasm?). I think he's beginning to know to say "dee" for drink, but it's only once in a while that he actually communicates it in a civil manner.

I can't believe how quickly this little, darling guy is growing! He gets a forward-facing car seat next month, and he climbs on everything. He is such a sweetie and loves to snuggle. I was excited for my girls to grow up, but I'm kind of sad that Rex's infancy has flown by so fast. Oh well...I'm stoked to watch him play tee ball and soccer and do all that rolicking boy stuff. Time really flies when we're having fun!

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Oh how cute! You are very lucky. That just shows me how old my kids are, and how old I am. If you need Bella to babysit this weekend she can. She loves to! She can watch all three kids. Well give me a call. See ya soon!

Kahananui said...

It's so cute when they first start walking, huh? He has gotten so big. I just love him...he is adorable!!!

Becky said...

He's an awesome walker! How old is he now? Soooo cute! It's so fun to watch them grow because when you think they couldn't get any cuter, they do. I just signed my boys up for gymnastics and they start coach-pitch baseball in May. Douglas is especially excited for gymnastics. He's like a solid ball of muscle and seems to have the perfect build for it.

Lisa said...

Wow - he is so darling. I can't believe how big he is now.

Jessica Schwendiman said...

Hi Nat!!
Remember me?? Your blog is so cute..and your scrapbook! What program do you use? I use Creative Memories and have been trying to figure out how to download the pages to my blog but can't seem to figure it out. Maybe I need a different program. Anyway you seem like a pro at it so I figured I'd ask. Email me back: jessicaschwendiman@hotmail.com

Nancey said...

Hey, Nat, Rex is sooo cute! He's all smiles, too! What a lucky boy to have 3 ladies to take care of him :). Lately Kainoa's been such a Daddy's boy, I think he's sick of us girls. Oh, and thanks for the offer to watch the kiddies. I'll take ya up on it sometime! How's this week looking for you? J/K. I think I have your email, or I guess I could leave a desperate blog comment sometime :). We NEED to get together, it's been months!

Welch Mom said...

I love the wobbly walking phase! He has such a cute and proud look!

Leslie said...

what a good little walker! i love that he looks so proud of himself! i can't believe he is going to be 1 in a month. where does the time go?

Kacey said...

I showed your video to Derek. I thought it might inspire him. He is 14 1/2 months now and just took his first steps this weekend. Seriously, I am so tired of carrying the 25 pounds with this big prego belly.