Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I've Been Bitten

Now, now...before you get all excited, you must know that, of course, I did not read the Twilight series (come on, now!). I did, however, watch the movie last night, and I loved it! Upon pressing play, I thought to myself, "Geez...this is just as bad as suffering through a novel...it's so slow...what's with those eyebrows?" but upon noticing the nuanced, tasteful, and riveting sexual tension strung all through the plot, I was intrigued and drawn in, and even sad when it ended because I wanted to see more.

Adam liked it too, and the movie was so good that I stayed awake until 4:05 a.m. to finish it. I also almost considered trying the novels (only for a moment, though!). Perhaps I still may, but my burgeoning ADD seems to prohibit any action that requires my full attention. I'd much rather scrapbook and enjoy Twilight, so I think for now, I'm stuck in wonder and addiction until the next installment comes out on film. Becky, I'll definitely go with you to see #2 in the theatre!

5 comments:

Melisa said...

Brad got it on CD so he could listen on his way to work. You could listen while you scrapbook. :o)

Becky said...

I vote for Melisa's suggestion about listening to it in the car. I'm listening to Brisingr right now and LOVE it. I read the other two books but just couldn't find time to sit and read it, so, since I spend quite a bit of time in the car, I might as well listen. The problem is, I end up circling the block a few times to get to a good stopping point.
By the way, it's a date, you and me, New Moon!

Liz said...

Natalie!! You have to read the books. If you liked the movie then you would die over the books. They are like candy and really fast. I am sure that you wouldn't get a thing done, but they are filled with so much more detail.

Amy said...

The book was soooo much better than the movie!!! Although after being told the 2nd isn't as good as the 1st, I can't seem to make myself read past page 50:(

Deanne said...

I also never got into the books but have thought about getting the movie to see what all the hype is about. With your endorsement I will now rent it for sure! =)