Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nausea, Heartburn, Narcolepsy, Upset Stomach, Claustrophobia...Oh yes, I'm Pregnant

That's right, folks. Clark nino numero quatro is due on December 28, 2009. That makes me almost nine weeks along, and while this pregnancy is easier than, say, my first because I'm not constantly thinking about how far along I am, what's going on developmentally, and worrying about every single thing I do and eat, etc., I have to admit that it is a nightmare to be pregnant and have three other kids to look after. I feel awful because I've been completely irritable, and when I'm nauseous, no one in the family gets dinner, attention, anything (Adam has really been Super Dad lately, for which I'm beyond grateful!). At least I can say that I'm relieved for one reason: this is going to be the family finale, so if I can make it to December, we'll be over a huge hurdle. Here's to more diapers, all-nighters, and frantically struggling to regain the universal balance once bambino arrives!

I love that doctors in Utah do an 8-week ultrasound...it makes the beginning of pregnancy a little more exciting and offers some kind of pay off for all the sickness. Isn't our little peanut cute?

7 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations!!!! Oh, I do not envy you all of those titled symptoms. You poor girl! It's one thing to suffer this all on your own but another when you get to share/ or suffer it with your family. Good luck!

Liz said...

Yay! That's really exciting. Baby #4! Congratulations.

Deanne said...

Congrats!!! And yes, the little guy/girl is adorable so far. =)

Welch Mom said...

Yeah, congrats to you! Hope you feel better soon.

Robogirl said...

That is SO exiting :-) Will you get to know the sex of the baby ?
And yes, it is SO great with the early Ultrasound, I was scanned with Hannah when she was I think 7+5 or something like that :)

Congrats again :-)

Kacey said...

I've been waiting for this post! I am so glad you got to have an early ultrasound. My Dr. did one early with Derek (because he wanted to check for a heartbeat before my triathlon) and it was so nice to have that early confirmation that everything was good. We MUST do the cheer reunion next summer so our families can meet. I miss you terribly.

Melisa said...

YEAH!!! Congrats!!!!

expoomic