Wednesday, July 15, 2009

JACKPOT!

Well, my radio contest obsession finally paid off, and Adam and I are going to see GEORGE STRAIT on Friday! What a perfect birthday gift to myself, he he. I have always loved George Strait's music and can't believe I actually won the contest. Here's how it played out:

I was driving home from the bank and heard the cue to call KBUL 93 for a contest called "Guess the weight for Strait". I dialed the number once and got a busy signal, of course, so I thought "I'll try one more time". It rang and rang and rang and finally someone said, "Hi, what's your name and where are you from?" Since I've had experience with driving/refereeing screaming children/trying to concentrate on a contest, I pulled over, turned off the radio, and shushed my kids. I gave the DJ my requisite information and prepared to guess the weight of some random object.

Joe Johnson is the fat one...he he he.

Eventually, they asked me "How overweight is Joe Johnson?" (he's one of the DJs). My options were a)82 lbs. b)53 lbs. c)3 lbs. I had seen a picture of him years ago on T.V. and he was fairly portly, so first I thought the answer must be A. However, they quickly blurted out that he's only 5'6", so I guessed B. It was the right answer and I went crazy! When Joe said, "Yeah, I really do need to loose some weight," I responded, "Well, if your being overweight comes at the expense of me winning these tickets, be as fat as you want to be!" Now that I think about it, that was a pretty mean thing to say, but...oops! I was too excited to think straight, and now we're on our way to see Mr. Strait. Hooray!

7 comments:

Robogirl said...

Congrats on your tickets :) I never tried to win tickets in a radioshow :-) I hope you will have a great day.

Parrish Family said...

That is SO awesome! I love, that you love radio contests. I use to do them at work all the time. Sounds like you are going to be having a fun birthday activity!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Liz said...

Yay! You deserve it! It's hard to get in, let alone win! Nice job. Enjoy the concert.

Kahananui said...

That is exciting! I've always wanted to win something like that. Yay for free tickest to George Strait! Have fun...you deserve it!! Oh and I love what you said to him about being fat...you're so funny Nat!

s said...

Way to go! I was actually thinking about your birthday after I read your last post, Happy Birthday 29 forever right!!! Enjoy it

Rebecca said...

I am so jealous but SO excited for you! Congrats!

Katherine Fajen said...

ohh i am so excited for you, what a story!! i never win anything! p.s. i love the new blog design, so cute!!