Monday, August 10, 2009

Project!

Being the creative gal that I am, my favorite line from "Clueless" happens when Cher tells Dionne that Tai can be their "project!" in her giddy, whiny voice. That is exactly what I said to myself this weekend. Here are the results:

First, I helped Maren make this adorable Ariel costume for her daughter Liberty's birthday.

Then, I made this cammo car seat tent for my soon-to-be nephew Colton (hang in there Steph!):
Last, I helped Maren make an adorable, super girly, and delightfully retro car seat tent for her little girl, Baby Kya, who will be born in November:


I found the instructions for the tent at Infarrantly Creative, a great blog I recently discovered and highly recommend.

All this craftiness was made possible by Leslie, who babysat my kids for more than six hours to let me have some free time to produce something other than exasperation, dinner, and exhaustion. She is a saint. Thanks, Leslie!

5 comments:

Kahananui said...

I love all your projects!! That costume is adorable! Love, love, love the car seat tents! You need to start a business. Please make me one when I have my next baby?? I'll even pay you!!!

Becky said...

As if! That was more than a project, that was cuteness, creativity, and skill. You should call it a masterpiece!

Amy said...

Those all turned out so cute! You are a woman with endless talents!!! Alpine Days looked like fun...I haven't been in years since my kids always start school so early:( I'm jealous!!!

Melisa said...

Okay, I still don't know what it is. Does it drape over the carseat to keep light out or something?

Dave and Maren Clark said...

Thanks again for helping me sew Libbys mermaid suit and the car seat cover. It was way fun to spend that time with just you. (No kids...Thanks you Mrs.Leslie!!!) When you get a minute will you email me the pictures on your camara from libbys birthday and the group pregnant pics. Thanks!