Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cat Scratch Fever

As if we ever enjoyed it in the first place, the harmony of sibling love has officially evolved into a constant, cacophonous battle between Amber and Karli, Karli and Rex, Amber and Rex, and parents and children. With Amber deep in the tattling phase, Karli still being forced to wear an eye patch every day, and Rex entering the Terrible Twos, I'm sure you can imagine the wonderful and euphoric aura in our home. I have to admit that it's driving me crazy and I'm wondering how we are ever going to survive with another child in this mix of madness. I know that newborns have a special way of calming everyone down, so I'm hoping that our new baby boy will be the peacemaker among siblings so Adam and I don't have to spend every moment of our lives referee-ing our squabbling, whining older kids. Serenity now!

4 comments:

Christina White said...

I soooo hear you!!! Kenzie and Whitney fight like crazy!! I think it is their ages . . . I am hoping they will grow out of it, I remember Sam and Kenz going through the same thing . . . But man, seriously you feel like all you do is calm fights! And that makes me cranky. Hang in there.

s said...

Does that ever go away? I catch myself whining sometimes (Tim tells me at least...) LOL

Joe and Marci said...

That picture is worth a thousand words!! Every mom has been there...I just try to find those fleeting moments of friendship that pop up now and then :)

Parrish Family said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :)