Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eight Great Years Ago...

...I met Adam for the first time at church. I never believed in love at first sight, but when I met him I changed my mind. I was so thrilled and amazed that someone as hot as Adam would introduce himself to me (I was wearing red lipstick and red shoes, after all...a bit intimidating for a Clark, maybe?), let alone want to hang out with me after meeting me. I'll always have the fondest memories of Fall 2001 when we met and started dating. Adam was the best boyfriend and is now the best husband. I really lucked out. Happy 8th acquaintance anniversary, Adam. You are wonderful and I love you!

Just so my boys know in the future, here are a few things Adam did for me while we dated which I loved:

Drove past my house on the way to school and scraped off my windows numerous times so my car was ready to go when I left for work in the winter. He also left a few sweet notes on my windshield.

Sent me two dozen red roses after we had known each other for only a short while.

Cooked me dinner (steak, steamed new potatoes, etc.), served it by candle light with Jim Brickman piano music playing in the background.

Wrote a poem for me.

On Valentine's Day, he had his mom and sister decorate my room with hundreds of helium balloons, an adorable teddy bear, and a huge basket full of yummy treats and surprises while Adam and I were on a date.

Boys, take note: your dad knew how to woo a woman.

4 comments:

Becky said...

That was really sweet. Happy Anniversary to a very adorable couple!

Welch Mom said...

Loved reading your wooing. Happy Anniversary to you!

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

That is so sweet. You only hear about all the jerks out there so I love hearing things like this. I miss you all down there and I know I need to come stay. I am going to and lets go shopping. I want to make some pettiskirts. Do you want to with me? Love ya and come see me if you come to Rexburg.

Leslie said...

he did know how to woo a woman! i love the scrapping of your windows! Rex and new baby boy will have to talk lessons from him.