Sunday, December 6, 2009

False Alarm Numero Uno


Today as I rushed to the church to make copies of today's program, I thought my water may have broken. Since I've never had a spontaneous labor (Pitocin is a grand invention!), I have no idea what it feels like, the "real" signs (I'm having plenty of false indications), etc. I went about my merry way to see if my conditions improved or worsened, and finally, after a few hours, I called my doctor to see if I should head to Labor and Delivery.

As you may recall, when I was pregnant with Rex, we went through the same thing three or four times before I actually had a baby. It is a big hassle, a pain, takes a long time just to hear "Go home", and kind of puts a dent in the day. I figured it would be nothing this time, too, but since I have Strep B, I figured I should follow doc's orders and go get checked.

One thing that was remarkably nicer than when I was pregnant with Rex is that my parents live just down the street from me, so they babysat the kids instead of Adam and I having to drag them along and keep them quiet in the hospital. Thanks, mom and dad, for watching Amber, Karli, and Rex, and for making us a yummy lunch. Thanks, baby, for the jolt of panic and the boring episode in triage.

6 comments:

Welch Mom said...

I had false alarms too. I thought this was it one night, so I leaned over and told Robb. He got up got me some crackers and put a washcloth on my head and went back to sleep. Not quite what I was expecting!

Amy said...

I had the same thing happen with Ash. You have to have that baby before your induction date!!! I can't imagine having a baby on the 23rd...the 19th was bad enough! I'm glad to hear that you got your copies made for church though:)

Leslie said...

too bad it wasn't the real thing. i have a feeling this little boy is going to be here before his schedule arrival. good luck!

Becky said...

Just thinking of you sitting in the ER brings buckets of pity after my own experience in socialized med. hell (they don't call it that yet, but just wait). I don't know if I should say I'm glad you're still pregnant but I'm glad you're o.k. Isn't it great to have family near by?

word ver.: logingst

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Hopefully the real thing happens soon! Good luck!!

Parrish Family said...

You are getting close. And it is nice to have your mom and dad so close! I can't wait to see your little guy!