Monday, December 28, 2009

Namesake

Case and Grandpa John E. Smith, for whom he is named. Since I forgot to mention them in the first post, here are the stats:
Case John Clark
8 pounds, 1 ounce
20 inches long
born at 2:40 p.m.
Grandpa Smith is a wonderful, generous, and wise man who has been a great support to Adam throughout his life and to both of us since our marriage. He's a surgeon, but also an electrical engineer who fought in World War 2. He is selfless and kind and has a great sense of humor. I'm glad we can honor Grandpa and know that Case will live up to the potential he has to be like his Great Grandpa Smith.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That is so sweet! My dad is an amazing man and has set such a good and Christlike example for all of us. Case is lucky to have his name. He is a beautiful and very sweet baby. We sure love him already!

Amy said...

Grandpa is the greatest! Case is lucky to be named after him! Case is so stinkin' handsome! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love Karli's Beyonce outfit! Mrs. Claus is such a fabulous seamstress!

Kahananui's said...

He is sooo adorable!! I love his dark hair. I wish I could hold him!! Hope you are recovering well. Yes, Grandpa Smith is the greatest! We love him soo much and Case is very lucky! Love the whole name!! Love you guys!