Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Yet Another Wonderful Role Model

Karli now has an idol that rivals Amber's "Cinnamon" obsession: Beyonce. She saw a brief snippet of her performance of "All the Single Ladies" on the MTV Awards and immediately said, "Mom, can you make me a sparkly leotard like Beyonce's and get me some high heels like hers?" I laughed out loud and Karli said, "Pleeeeease? I really love it!" Since then, she dons any pair of high heels she can find and struts around the kitchen doing Beyonce's moves. My favorite is the one where she turns to the side, clenches her hands in fists, pops one knee at a time, and does the pumping action with her hands like they do on the music video.

I heard that Santa asked Mrs. Claus to make Karli a gold, sparkly, and MODEST version of Beyonce's leotard, complete with little, ruffle-y booty shorts to go with it. I hope Karli will get the translation and be thrilled that she'll have the entire ensemble (minus the robo-glove). Now, put your hands up!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my! You will have your hands full come 16 years old. I can see how sparkles would be so fun for someone her age. I was thrilled when I got Crystal Barbie, her dress was the best, iridescent. I had a Tom Boy for a mom so sparkles were hard to come by, but my dad did have a soft spot for whatever his daughters wanted. I hope you are hangin' in there.

Kahananui's said...

Hahaha! I LOVE your kids!! They crack me up. It was soo cute when we were in Utah and Karli wanted to watch Taylor Swift and Beyonce over and over again. She is adorable! I'm sure she will LOVE the costume that Santa is bringing her.

Leslie said...

i know she love her new outfit! i need to see the dance! your girls our the cutest!

Kacey said...

I'm with Karli on this one. I have a secret obsession with Beyonce too. Say my name!