Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Only Reason to Love New Jersey


Adam came across a killer deal the other day: $5 tickets for The Gaslight Anthem concert at The Depot downtown. We, of course, couldn't pass up a bargain like that, so we pawned our kids off on Ryan and Stephanie (the saints!) and cruised north to listen to a talented and little-known band. The show was fabulous, but the whole evening was to die for. It was great to get fixed up in some rockin' jeans and my hot black six-inch stilettos (walking in those things is really an accomplishment for me), grab some food from JCW's to eat on the way, and to spend a fantastic evening with Adam and without our kids.

This concert ended up being among my favorites. The music was wicked and the band members are great performers. They offered very little vulgarity, lots of passion, and some sweet improv (Lou Reid, even!) that made the show really great. I even bought a t-shirt because I loved it so much. I think I'll be a fan for life. Hooray for date night and hooray for, finally, something cool coming from New Jersey.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think I'll have a life and live it vicariously through you and your experiences :) I would love to do something fun like that again, you know, like go on a date with my man to some concert or play or whatever. There aren't many out there anymore who can handle 2 sets of twins and 1 son who acts like he has a twin for a night of baby sitting. Maybe in a few years...By the way, I think you are so cool! :)