Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Amusing Confusion

Amber was playing with my sisters, Marianne and Angela, on Sunday when Angela suddenly grabbed Amber and told her she was a vampire who would suck her blood (beyond scary...I know). Amber squealed and ran away. Later that day, Marianne did the same thing to her, and the next time we were all together, Amber said, "Mom, what do the firefighters do?" to which I replied, "They save us from fires." She said, "No. I mean, what do they do to us when they suck our blood, like Mar and Ang?" She had confused the word "vampire" with "firefighter" and still gets them mixed up. Every time Amber sees my sisters, she screams, "Get away from me, firefighters!" It's adorable and hilarious.

7 comments:

Melisa said...

Ahhh, the joys of siblings. ;) My brothers got my boys to do belly fights. And told them a monster named "Glowface" liked to steal Webkinz in the dark. Grrrr.

Becky said...

I read this one to Chris and we were both laughing, too funny! I'm guessing your sisters are Twilight or Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans.

stephanie said...

How cute!! Amber is adorable and getting so big:) We are excited to see you when we come out there in december!!

Kahananui said...

It's so cute to hear the things little kids say. Amber is so funny and so darn cute!! By the way, I love reading your blog. You're so good at blogging, I need to do better!

Amy said...

Freaky picture! Don't you love it when aunts and uncles scare your kids! Paybacks will come for you one day when Angela and Marianne have kids of their own:)

Kacey said...

I love kids cute misunderstandings. Your kids are adorable!

Christina White said...

Hi Nat, I just spent like a half hour reading your blog! For one, I was really behind, and for two, once I get started I can't stop reading . . . love the way you say things--seriously LOL!! Your girls are so cute! Hey, did you guys move? Now that Adam graduated? Where are you at? I really love hearing about your adventures in Motherhood! And I
2nd the motion of having cement floors!

Much Love, Chris