Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Favorite Season Has Arrived

I'm a lucky girl for a lot of reasons, but one on the top of my list today is that I've been able to experience the change from summer to fall twice this year. A week before we left Michigan, the air cooled down, the sunlight changed (my favorite characteristic of early fall), and football started. Woohoo! Chalk it up to my years as a cheerleader...I still get so excited when I hear a drumline or the crunch of pads or a cannon booming after a touchdown. I'll watch any football game, but college gridiron is my ultimate entertainment choice from August 28th until New Year's Day. Go Utes!

Now that we're in Utah, I've seen it again. I love the mild weather, especially in the evening when it's almost cool enough for a jacket (it makes for great running), and a campfire does wonders to enhance the ambiance of early-fall twilight. Add to this list the wonderful bounty of fall fruits and veggies, and I am truly a happy girl! I always know fall is on its way to Utah when the Black-Eyed Susans bloom in the yard in Alpine. They're one of my favorite flowers and I'm thrilled to be able to enjoy them all season long!


5 comments:

Deanne said...

I love Fall too. I'm still adjusting to those chilly mornings and warm afternoons though. I'm usually sweating by noon because I covered myself a little too much. I have to remember layers!

Becky said...

Isn't it interesting how the light changes so quickly? It's 66 here in So. Ogden at the moment and I think it only got to 68 today, sooooo nice! I too have those wonderful feelings associated with Fall only I don't understand your fascination with the Utes, a team that will once again loose to BYU, you must foresee this and change your allegiance now before the unnecessary pain sets in. Actually,I don't really pay much attention during the season, but for some reason I have to watch that last game!

Leslie said...

I think fall is my favorite. Wish I could get in a run at night sometime soon! College football is the best!

Kahananui said...

I love this season too! Especially back here...it's so hot and humid that it's such a relief now that is has cooled down. Cute pictures! Oh, and Jax sleeps just like Rex does with his bottom in the air!! How funny!!

Amy said...

I'm with you...fall is one of my favorite seasons! Too bad I'm stuck being happy that our nights are cooling down to the point that I don't sweat once the sun goes down. I'm jealous of Utah's seasons! Rex is so adorable! I love it when babies sleep with their bums up!