Monday, October 27, 2008

R-Y-D-A-L-C-H Spells One-Third of the Earth's Population

My wonderful grandparents, the Rydalches, have eleven kids and a burgeoning posterity that is so massive, each of us has a number (don't worry...my grandparents still know everyone's name). We have more family gatherings than any other group or organization known to mankind. Don't get me wrong...the Rydalch events are always great fun, but as a second-generation family member who is parenting a few of the third generation, the weekly rendezvoux can be a little overwhelming. That said, I always look forward to the annual Halloween party because my aunties are fabulous cooks (I'd pit them against any Italian ladies), they bring the best treats for trick-or-treating, and my uncles are all hilarious. Add to this a multitude of adorable cousins, and it's always a magnificent party. Here are all of the cool family members who dressed up for this year's shindig:
We congregated at a park in Pleasant View (I want to move there...it's amazing!) to enjoy a glorious fall day and some delightful company. Dinner followed true Idahoan fashion (baked potato bar with spuds fresh from the ground...so yummy) and we had a great time admiring all those fantastic costumes. So until next week, this is Natalie Clark, number 17, signing off.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love the Yoda baby in the earlier post. You guys must have a ton of fun at family reunions. My grandparents on my mom's side only had 3 kids and on my dad's only had 4. I was always closest to my mom's first cousins because of the huge generation gap and my 1st cousins are all at least 4 years younger than me. Family...I'm so glad my sister and I are having kids at the same time because cousins are just awesome!

Melisa said...

Our families should never get together. My mom's family has 12 kids and I have close to 100 cousins on that side (3 of the siblings aren't even married so that number will increase). My dad's has 11 and I've lost track of how many cousins. I couldn't even tell you the names of all my cousins. But, since we are all scattered across the country, we don't manage to gather everyone together. It must be a riot for you guys! ;)

stephanie said...

Im sad I missed the party!! Looks like so much fun! Rex is completely adorable!

Kahananui said...

I actually think I've been to that Halloween party before with your family...it was fun! It's fun to have a big family :)

Kacey said...

I think I've been to a Rydalch gathering or two. The one I remember most is when your grandparents came home from their mission. I was such a tag-along!