Thursday, January 15, 2009

These Damn Kids


I know what you're thinking...and no, it isn't the case. This is not my statement. It is Amber's. That's right...adorable, sweet, three-year-old Amber. Today at her cheer class, the Drama Queen herself emerged from Amber's usually pleasant personality, and as the other students ran in front of her to head to the drinking fountain, she screamed out, "I AM SO SICK OF THESE DAMN KIDS!" I instantly started laughing for two reasons: 1. I'm sure I've said that about my own kids at some point and Amber remembered it, and 2. My mom had the most horrified look on her face. It was priceless and hilarious and totally embarassing. Looks like Adam and I had better watch our mouths.

7 comments:

Becky said...

That's hilarious! Living in the ghetto has certainly broadened your daughter's vocabulary! Though, living with a frustrated mommy can do the same thing as my kids can verify in their random statements of frustration. But, really , that was a precious moment (not the nauseating kind you can buy at a gift shop) and one that would have been awesome to have recorded.

Leslie said...

So funny! How I wish I could of heard it. When little kids swear it is so funny! Maybe I won't think it is so cute when it is my own. I can only imagine what will come out of his mouth. Of course it will be all Derrick's fault.

Melisa said...

Even better that your mom was there. :) I'm glad my mom wasn't there when Daven said, "Look at all that fricking snow!" Oh crap, I mean crud.

arrylase

Liz said...

Been there! Heard something similar to that! :) OOPS!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

HA! That made me laugh out loud! One of my kids used the very same expletive the other day. Funny kids. :)
I am coming out to Utah next month. Could I come see you?

stephanie said...

thats so funny! every time ryker doesn't get what he wants he yells the same word!! Me and Brian just kind of turn our heads and laugh...we need to work on our language as well. I can see your moms face...probably similar to the one she gives us when Ryker has a cup of Coke.

Kacey said...

Last summer when we were skiing, Carter jumped in the water and said "Holy Sh@# that water is cold" We were all shocked but luckily he said he learned it from the Speed Racer movie I took him to and not from one of us. (does it make it any better that I took him to a bad movie?) I would have loved to see Shelli's face when Amber said that!