Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Creations of Late

I've been busy doing projects while enjoying my last two weeks of vacation from teaching; here are just two of the items I've crafted:

I made this carseat slipcover for Karli since her chair was becoming faded, torn, and completely crusted with disgusting material like crumbs, spilled milk, old french fries, and the like. I have to brag about fabric procurement: there is an awesome store in Draper called Design Company Fabrics. Every once in a while, they send me a coupon for one free yard of fabric valued up to $30. I had two coupons, so the Passion Suede (usually $30 per yard) I used in this project was totally free. Nice, 'eh? I used scraps and leftover buttons to make the flowers and it turned out to be really cute. The flowers are also removable so I can use this chair for our new baby when Karli outgrows it.

Next, my sister Marianne and I made these doughnuts that were divine! My favorites were those coated in sugar and spice mix, but all three toppings were delicious and I, of course, ate way too many. The dough itself was fragranced with a bit of nutmeg, which completely made the doughnuts. I think I may have to make this a Thursday tradition.
I also made a three-layer chocolate cake with 7-minute frosting for my dad's birthday party, and today I think I may paint the basement bathroom a divine color called Pyramid Gold (by Behr). We'll see how ambitious I feel!

9 comments:

s said...

I wish my girls carseats looked like that! I want one of those donuts too! Delicious....

Leslie said...

The car seat cover turned out way cute! I think the flowers add just the right touch :)

the donuts look oh so good! I would ask for the recipe but would be so scared of making them way too much!

stephanie said...

very impressed...everything looks way good!

Deanne said...

Okay, I need recipes! Those donuts look great! And the cake sounds wonderful too!

Great job on the car seat cover. Your talents never cease to amaze me!

Melisa said...

You are a stud. That carseat cover is awesome! I'm seriously jealous! And yes, I really need that recipe. Please. :o)

broat

Rebecca said...

Can't believe you made the carseat cover and I also wanted the donuts recipe. Jaylan loves donuts.

Alison B said...

how did you do the seat cover? I was just looking online at these. I desperately need to recover a couple of mine. Did you use a pattern? tutorial?

Joe and Marci said...

Hey Natalie...great blog!! That carseat cover is amazing, I can't believe you got that fabric for free! I would love to see some of your other sewing projects, too.

Tiffany said...

Ok, you are AMAZING! Can I just follow you around and try to be like you?