Monday, September 28, 2009

Girl Party...Plus Rex

Adam took Amber to Saint George with him for business meetings this week, so Karli, Rex, and I are hanging out and having fun. Last night, we went for a walk to wear off some of the pent-up energy that seems to be constantly brimming from Rex's little body. Karli rode her Dora tricycle all the way to my parents' house and back (okay, okay...it's not far!), and she was so proud to go faster than Rex and me. Then, Angela, Marianne, and Kinzie came over for a "Hannah Montana: The Movie" and, according to Karli, "apple caramel" party. We used pre-made caramel and dipped some yummy Fuji apples; it was both simple and delicious. The best part about the whole evening: the morning after. Both kids are still asleep and it's well past their usual 7:00 a.m. wake-up time. I love it! Hopefully I'll be able to get a few projects finished before I have to go back to caring for three kids, one of whom is an early riser and likes to spread the joy of awaking before 7:00 a.m.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

what a fabulous morning! how nice of adam to take amber along. here's to getting lots of projects finished and showing all of us what your crafty self has been up too!

Joe and Marci said...

So fun! We haven't seen Hannah Montana movie yet, but it won't be long. Maybe we'll do a party like you did and make it a girl's night since my girls keep asking for one...

Deanne said...

Sounds like a nice day. Funny how only having two kids to tend to ends up being a break after normally having three. (Of course I don't know that joy yet...but I can relate to it with the comparison between one and two. =)

Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish that I lived close so I could come hang out with you fun girls. Livee likes to go to bed late usually and Emmi likes to go to bed early and so Livee sleeps in and Emmi wakes up early! I hate it. I wish that they were both on the same schedule. I am going to be coming down in October and I want to see you and your family!