Monday, February 14, 2011

Caped Crusader Conquers the Commode


After months of my lamest attempt ever at trying to talk Rex into using the potty and forsaking diapers for good, he woke up last Sunday and said "I need to go potty!" Upon completion of this fabulous task, he wanted to wear undies. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. From that moment on, he never went back to diapers (except at night, but even those are staying dry...yay!). It is grand to only have one child in diapers.


For an awesome reward, Adam indulged Rex's superhero obsession and bought him these rockin' Batman jammies. Of course, though, Rex wears them all day, every day and gets mad at anyone who calls them p.j.s. "They not jammies! They Batman clothes!" Excuse me.


I am proud of Rex, Adam is proud of Rex, the other kids are proud of Rex, and Rex is proud of Rex. Everyone wins!...


...and Batman flies off into the night.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Yay for Rex...and for mommy not having to change as many diapers now!

Kacey said...

Woohoo! I haven't had a chance to blog it yet but Derek has been dry for 2 weeks straight! We are so close to not having to buy diapers any more. . .what a glorious day that will be!