Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Death by Olives




My poor digital camera finally gave up its ghost after three long years of toddler abuse. It's door hung by a meager, broken hinge for at least a year before it finally snapped off, thus rendering the camera useless (the broken door leaves the camera in a permanent "off" position; I'm considering a law suit against HP for an inherent design flaw). Goodbye, dear camera, you've been a great help in documenting some magnificent moments in my life.


One ray of light in this tragic moment is the slew of pictures I took just before zero hour: a feast of olives by Amber and Karli. I've only met one person who doesn't like olives (Adam) and I got a big kick out of seeing Amber and Karli put an olive on each finger the way I used to when I was a kid. Karli even managed to fit a few on her smaller toes (I envy her flexibility but am certainly glad I'm past the years of thinking it's cool to eat with my feet). They had a blast making "monster hands" and eating the olives off each other's digits until Amber accidentally took a bite of Karli's index finger.

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Olives are just about the only vegetable I don't like (onions are the other). I drive Brad insane by picking them out of my food. :) Yes, I'm 31.

My boys rarely get to enjoy olives as I never buy them. Thankfully, grandma loves them, so they've gotten to nibble off their fingers as well.

Kahananui said...

That's cute! I hate olives too! Must be a Clark thing!! Sad about your camera! :(. Rex is adorable!! I love that video below!! I wish I was able to see him and the girls next week! I can't believe how much he smiles...what a happy baby!! Amber and her cooking show! That is the cutest thing!! She's got the most adorable personality!!