Friday, June 27, 2008

From Baby to Big Girl in No Time Flat

I'm amazed by how quickly children grow up, especially when they do it right before my eyes. Just last week I felt like Karli would be a tantrum-throwing, whining infant forever, and yesterday I noticed she was talking to everyone like a tiny adult, reasoning and communicating with actual words instead of wailing and sobbing. Suddenly, she's even more entertaining and loveable than before and it's so fun to see/hear her develop into a big girl.

We marked the occasion (and her upcoming 2nd birthday) by getting her long-awaited earrings today. She was so brave and only cried for a few seconds. She told me she wanted "Monsters, Inc. earrings with soap in them", so I made an executive interpretation and ordered the clear, sparkly kind that I liked best. She has been such a good girl to not touch the earrings and lets me clean and medicate them without a fight. She says she looks like Giselle from "Enchanted" and is so excited to have pierced ears like Amber. Her little ears look darling!


1 comment:

Becky said...

Ouch! She's brave. I haven't even gotten my ears pierced and I'm 32, but I have the kind of ears that I would rather not draw attention too. It's like getting a nose ring right next to a huge pimple, hello, what are you really going to notice? I actually did want them pierced when I was little, but my dad had the 16 year old limit and by then I could care less. So, virgin ears it is.