Friday, June 27, 2008

Six Days Left

The kids and I are flying to Utah on Friday, never to return to our little house in the ghetto; I am so excited to be out of Lansing but feel a little melancholy to be leaving such wonderful friends (being away from Adam for a month is awful, too!). We've been here for three years--longer than we've lived anywhere as a couple--and I actually do feel a bit sad to be moving on. As ridiculous as it may sound, I've grown to love going to playgroup because I've met many amazing women (and their darling kids) who are wise, friendly, and funny to boot. I'll definitely miss everyone in the Holt Ward...and the pizza from DeLuca's! :)

6 comments:

Becky said...

Is that a week?! You can't go yet, but I suppose the time had to come.I hope all goes well with your flight and move. Are you going to Alpine then? Good luck!

Deanne said...

We'll miss you too! Sophie enjoyed tumbling and we'll miss our play dates with Amber and Karli for sure (and hanging out with you too, of course)! Best of luck on your next adventure.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I can't believe you are leaving so soon! I am so glad I've I had the chance to meet you and your family. Good luck in Utah! Maybe we could get together sometime when I come out for a visit.

Amy said...

Yay!!! I hope you guys are still coming. You flying alone with 3 kids 3 and under is incredible!!! Take lots of snacks, candy, wet wipes and buy some cheap toys to randomly hand out during the flight. Candy necklaces are the best for keeping my kids busy!

Tess said...

I am so happy that you are moving back to Utah!!! I will have to come down and see when you get here! I hope you have a good flight and can't wait to see you!!

Melisa said...

It seems like this comment section is divided between people sad to see you go and happy to see you come. I regretfully fall in the sad to see you go category. sniff sniff.

Need any meals or anything this week?