Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quasimo(squi)do

I took the kids for a walk on Tuesday morning when the temperature was a balmy 65 degrees and the humidity must have been at least 85 percent. Yesterday, we sat in the park for about 20 minutes around 11:00 a.m., still in air wetter than any tropical destination. Without knowing it, I managed to garner 27 mosquito bites, some of which penetrated my shirt (and I even have one on the bottom of my foot, right in the arch). They are gigantic and are driving me completely crazy! The biggest one of all is right on the back of my neck and leaves me looking like a poor old hunchback with only one thing to say: SANCTUARY!

3 comments:

Amy said...

27 mosquito bites??? Can you say West Nile? Yikes!

Becky said...

Scratch, itch, scratch, itch!You sound like my kids. Douglas looked like he had a black eye on Friday, but it was only a big mosquito bite. My supposed west nile virus bite is till there, or at least a somewhat itchy scar.

Melisa said...

No kidding! I found one on my pants the other day that was the size of a moth. Okay, a small moth. Okay, a very small moth, but seriously, it was the biggest, honkin' mosquito I've ever seen! UGH!