Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Blessing in our Lives

Adam blessed Rex on Wednesday night at our house. It was great to have Greg, Jake, Rob, Ryan, Brad, and Bishop Tintle here to stand in the circle, and Adam gave Rex a good and interesting blessing. I don't know if it's dumb to think so, but I always stew and worry over possibly problematic phrases in my kids' blessings, like when Adam told Rex "you'll have sorrow in your life". Perhaps it won't be any more sorrow than everyone else experiences, but I always wonder if it means something awful will happen. I guess I'll just have to wait and see (and be prepared for the worst!).

Rex was fairly well-behaved thanks to Rob, who volunteered his thumb for Rex to suck on during the blessing. Afterward, we all had brownie sundaes (why does that word have an "e" instead of a "y" on the end?) and chocolate chip cookies. It was a wonderful evening!

This our family picture, Clark style, with no one smiling.
Notice how hard I'm trying to keep a straight face? I guess some
people feel dumb smiling in pictures and I feel dumb not smiling in pictures.

Isn't Rex the cutest? He's so jolly and adorable and I love having a boy.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

what a cute family! rex is adorable.