Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grandpa Smith, M.D.

Growing up, I only saw a doctor when it was mandated by county code or when my life was in serious danger. My mom is a big fan of the phrase "Walk it out", so my siblings and I never really had regular check-ups after age two unless a bone was protruding from our skin or we couldn't breathe. Thus, I never had a flu shot until I married Adam and had free and easy access to the vaccine thanks to Adam's wonderful Grandpa Smith. Now, flu shots are an annual event in the Clark home. Grandpa is so nice to pay for the vaccine and administer them to all of the adults in the family after a nice Sunday dinner. It sure beats waiting at the doctor's office!

Here I am signing the roster and dreading my impending shot.

The older I get, the less I can stand having needles poked into me. I am naseous just posting this picture!

It's a good thing you can't see my face in this shot because I'm sure I was on the verge of tears and vomit. My fists were clenched so tightly that my fingernail cut the palm of my hand!

Grandpa Smith is one of the kindest and most generous people I know. He is over 80 years old and still works at the State Health Department. He's so talented and smart and I'm lucky to be able to have him in my life.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

What a nice guy! I still need to get mine this year. Does he do home visits? ;)