Saturday, December 6, 2008

Big-Time Pay Off

Today I had a wonderful moment where I felt like my efforts as a mom are paying off. Adam asked the girls to clean their room and left them alone. They actually cleaned it! I was so stunned when I walked upstairs, expecting to see a major disaster area, and instead saw a perfectly clean bedroom. The pillows and blankets were all on the beds, the toys were on the appropraite shelves in the closet, the dirty clothes were in the laundry basket, and the garbage was in the garbage can. It was grand! The best part about it was that the girls were completely proud of their magnificent accomplishment. Yay Amber and Karli!

10 comments:

Melisa said...

Whoa. I dream of that day!

sultlicr

Is that like salt licker or something?

Becky said...

It's like waking up in the middle of a stormy night and looking out the window only to realize it's a bright sunny day. Now, I didn't see that one coming. Such a cleaning I have yet to see, well maybe once but a parent was somehow involved.

Mary Ann said...

Now if only Bella were like that!!

Jake & Kristi said...

Can they come over and teach Mckinzie?

Welch Mom said...

How great would they like to come clean my house?

Leslie said...

i'm impressed! what good girls you have raised!

Kahananui said...

That is so cute that they cleaned by themselves...I Can't wait for my kids to be able to do that!! That sure would be nice!

Christina White said...

Wow! Nat, kids who clean their rooms and a Husband who does dishes and scrubs the floor!! Where do I sign up? I am glad to hear that you are not being bothered by the Holiday hussle and bussle, I can hardly see past it!!! I do have a little "Ba-Hum-Bug" in my attitude still . . . maybe that is why I feel all the stress instead of trying to enjoy it all. I just keep complaining about all the parties I have to go to, does that sound lame or what? Who complains about parties? Guilty. I guess, I need a better outlook . . . I do love reading you blog. Thanks for posting and for commenting on my blog.

Much Love, Chris

Amy said...

Wow! I need to have your girls teach mine how to put things where they belong!

Kacey said...

Garth has really been cracking down on the kids about that stuff. It is so nice when they do what you ask. What a gift of love for the holidays!