Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Official: We're White Trash

The minute Amber woke up this morning, she said, "Mom, I have the BEST idea. We can get Rex's tub and fill it with water and take it outside and dump it in the dirt and put on our swimming suits and play in the big........huge........MUD PUDDLE!" Despite my ever-increasing desire to avoid messes at all costs, I could tell that the wheels in her little brain had been turning all night to work out every detail, so I couldn't say no.

The girls loved rolling around like piglets in the mud puddle we created between the sidewalk and the seven or eight feeble blades of grass that are left of our front lawn, and to make this vision of low-class living even more authentic, I was still in my pajamas. We were quite the hee-haw spectacle, but the girls had a grand time and I even got a little bit of a sunburn line on my horrifically white feet.




7 comments:

Melisa said...

That looks so fun! :)

Becky said...

That is sooooo awesome! Man, your grass looks horrible or at least the area between the grass. What else could they be encouraging but white trash activities by not maintaining their grass? Rock on ladies of the mud! By the way, you may be raising Amazonian women women.

Deanne said...

Messy, but looks like a lot of fun!

Nancey said...

That's the best, Nat! Makes me wish I were little again!

Brynn said...

Ha ha ha...you are the funnest mom, and I'm glad to see you livin' up the WT-ness of your circumstances! :)

Ryan & Steph said...

My kind of fun:)

Leslie said...

You are a fun mom! Amber is too smart to think up all the details of the activity.