Monday, November 17, 2008

Alpine, Utah to Klamath Falls, Oregon: Land of a Thousand Trailer Parks

Monday morning, we woke up and Adam said, "Let's go to Oregon!" His parents are splitting time between Alpine and Klamath Falls, so we figured out a plan to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Clark and took off on Tuesday around noon. The 660 mile drive wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; I must say I expected the worst. I mean, how nice can a drive on westbound I-80 through a barren desert be, right? Aside from the gazillion trailers we saw, sights like this made it fairly amusing:
This lovely monument is in the town of Battle Mountain, Nevada. Since Adam and I are eternal seventh-graders-at-heart, we got a big kick out of it and couldn't figure out why any town in its right mind would advertise its initials when they also stand for a bodily function. Crazy.

Here's the magnificent view from Greg and Leslie's back porch. They live at an amazing resort called Running Y Ranch and it's spectacular! We loved seeing all of the beautiful plant life, woodland creatures, and water features. We were sad to leave that beautiful place, but were glad that the car ride home only took us 10 hours instead of the 12 hours it took to get there.

1 comment:

Kahananui said...

K, that is too much!!! Brings back memories for all of us Clark children, I'm sure. :)