Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hamilton, Stoiko, Boitano, and Clark?

While in Oregon, we took advantage of the amazing ice skating rink at the Running Y Ranch. An NPO called Klamath Ice Sports runs the place and charges very little for admission and skate rental fees, so Adam, Karli, Amber, and I went two nights in a row. Amber has always had an ice-skating obsession and Karli turned out to be quite the little shredder. Best of all, though, was that Adam is totally a closet champion; he could carve, spin, and maneuver better than anyone I've seen. To make me feel even dumber as I wobbled around, clutching the walls, this was Adam's first time on ice skates.


Adam has a spinal fusion, so risking an injury is a big deal for him. I almost had a heart attack when I saw him do two face plants on our last night in K. Falls. Fortunately, all he sustained was a bunch of stiff muscles and a few bruised ribs. His back is fine. I must admit that I did garner a bit of satisfaction when he wiped out shortly after taunting me for being a slowpoke. Just kidding.

Amber didn't like the actual skating as much as she did sitting by the fire place and sipping hot cocoa...I guess she has more of an ambiance-driven personality.

Karli, on the other hand, had a grand time being pulled around the rink. She'd yell at the top of her lungs, "I'm having so much fun!" and "Look! I'm ice skating!" to anyone who she thought would listen. It was so adorable.

We can't wait to go back!

Check out these darling hats and gloves we bought at the town's happenin' shopping spot: Wal Mart. You can't beat $1.50 a piece, especially when it makes the kids this happy.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

So cute. Looks like lots of fun!

Melisa said...

I lack the grace required to skate. You guys look adorable. Well, except for Adam. He looks manly. lol Guys don't like being called adorable, right?

Tedrow

I'm going to start leaving you my word verifications. ;)

Kahananui said...

I wish so much you had a video of Adam skating...and falling! :) That really does look like such a fun little trip.

Kacey said...

What does your father-in-law do in Klamath? One of my closest friends is from there and from how she describes it, there isn't a whole lot there. Looks like a fun trip!

Dave and Maren Clark said...

What a FUN time! I love to ice skate too. The girls are so gorgeous. We miss those cute faces. Hope we can see you all soon!