Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Can't Wait for The Game!


Lest you English enthusiasts out there criticize my capitalization of "The" in this title, let me remind you that in only 48 hours, the college football game of the century will begin. Any matchup between BYU and U of U is certainly a game worth watching, but this year will be extra fabulous because both teams have actually cracked the BCS' shell of good-'ol-boy SEC domination. Hooray!

I am counting down the minutes to the certain Ute victory and am developing a great menu of tailgate food I can cook on my George Forman grill inside my kitchen. I've already washed my best red shirt, found the ultimate hue of red toenail polish (yes...they are good as new!) and Rex's U of U onesie is ready to go. I think I must have an absurdly abnormal penchant for football games because I get so excited and panicky and worked up that I actually jump up and down and scream at the TV (note to parents: cheerleading may lead to this kind of behavioral issue...think twice before enrolling your daughters). I even heard a great scripture last night at one my scout meetings that clearly points out that Christ is a Utah fan (I hope I don't get struck by lightning). This is gonna be good.

I'm also devilishly curious to see what the BYU fans in our ward do to the Ute fans' yards. Better yet, I am beyond excited to be able to respond with some great crimson retribution. I'm glad the folks around here are passionate about football (albeit one game, but hey...it's Utah) enough to do some crazy, fraternity-inspired hijinx, because that makes the big day even better.

Red and White forever...Go Utes!

3 comments:

Melisa said...

You are so lucky I moved all of your stuff before reading this. I hope there isn't another 'accident' in my basement. KIDDING! And I really am so sorry about that, Ute fan or not. ;)

GO COUGS!!!

baessat? What the heck?!

Leslie said...

We are so excited for the game as well. I must admit being raised a cougar fan i secretly cheer for them to win when i am at the Larson house and always wish for the U to lose (TCU almost made it come true).

Christina White said...

Your Hair is so cute! I loved it in the picture of you at the lake! So sassy and fun! As usual, I love readidng your blog, you always manage to make me laugh! Hang in there--Mother of three. It is never easy. Always interesting. Never boring. Always rewarding, but sometimes not until later, like when they're all asleep. Or times when they wrap their arms around your neck and say, "Luv you Mama."--which melts your heart, until you realize that they also just wipped their nose on your shoulder! Lovely. You are a wonderful Mom!! I loved reading, awhile back, about how you let them play in the mud . . . and I thought, Gee, am I just way too up tight or what? I don't think I could let them do that . . .I thought you were great for letting them explore and get dirty!

Much Love, Chris