Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Brown Dress

Occasionally, we are the beneficiaries of some charitable distant relatives who generously give Amber and Karli the unused clothing of their granddaughter who has more clothes than anyone on this planet. When they drop off a bag, there are usually several items from Gap, Gymboree, and Children's Place that still bear tags and are just the right size, so we are eternally grateful for these. Most recently we found this brown dress in the mix. It's a size 8 (Amber is not), a summer dress, and when worn forward (not backward, as obviously preferred), it shows a great amount of little-kid-cleavage (read: private parts). Notwithstanding, Amber loves this dress. She wears it every single day, and it's all I can do to keep her from stripping down to her skivvies and donning the cursed dress after I tediously vest her in a cute outfit that actually fits. Ultimately, I don't like the dress because I feel like Amber looks like a homeless kid, or even a trailer-park escapee when she wears it, but I have now decided to give up the fight since it happens several times each day. I should be glad that I only have one item of Amber's laundry to wash, albeit every night, and the fact that it hides stains so well makes it almost worth it. Hooray for obsessions!


7 comments:

Melisa said...

I think she looks very earthy and adorable in that dress!

I definitely think we need a nerdy-music-lover club. Brad thought I wrote it. And I couldn't imagine anyone NOT knowing the song! Apparently I am nerdier than I thought, and I thought I was pretty nerdy.

Oh, and by the way, 'dinonsob'!

Amy said...

That is so cute that she loves that dress. I love her comment about her booty being too big...I can't believe yours is either!!!

Kacey said...

At least it is real clothing. Sydney is obsessed with wearing her "tinkerbell" fairy costume from her first halloween.

Becky said...

I like the new blog decor. Girls are so different from boys. I swear every time I go to my sister's house I see each child change into at least 4 different outfits during my short visit. My boys will put on costumes every now and then, but they are more interested in stripping down into a more liberated outfit then putting things on.

Leslie said...

your girls are looking so much older! derrick and I are always saying how they have changed so much since Michigan. I'm sure it has to do with Utah air being so much better for them!

Deke said...

Man Ambee is getting so big I can't believe it. Les and I really do miss seeing her and Carlos so bad. I guess I never realized how much humor and sun light they brought to our lives in Michigan. I'm sorry we haven't been able to see you and Adam yet, but we will have to set something up soon. I know I will see Adam all Jan & Feb with bar prep stuff, however, Ambee, Carlos, and Rexy are greatly missed. Well I'll stop with the cheese, but I hope Ambee and Carlos can come over because I want to watch Ambee do her interpretation of "Monster House" and see Carlos cover her eyes in the starting of "Monsters Inc.)

Kahananui said...

Amber is so darling. She wore this dress a lot while we were in Utah, she still looks adorable in it even though it's a little big. I hope you guys are having a good time in Oregon.