Monday, November 3, 2008

Scary Fun for Everyone

We had a grand and marvelous Halloween this year with lots of family fun. Kristi hosted a fantastic party with tons of yummy food (Yoshida-braised meatballs...yum!) and adorable Halloween decor, then we all headed over to their ward's Trunk or Treat where all the kids scored way too much candy and some sweet glow-stick necklaces. Stephanie and I were the only adults who dressed up (both as witches); the Clarks have never been into dressing up, so we in-laws have to add a little spice to the party. Steph let me borrow this sweet wig to complement my witchy wardrobe and makeup:

Doesn't Rex make the perfect little Yoda? This is my all-time favorite Halloween costume! Check out my Hanna Montana tatts, courtesy of Karli and Amber.


Here's Karli as "Purple Tinkerbell", complete with her famous pirate smile. Hooray!

Amber didn't just want to be Ariel, she had to be "Sparkly Ariel".

I had so much fun making Karli and Amber's costumes (I think I had more fun this Halloween than they did), and it was great to be around cousins, siblings, in-laws, and grandparents this year. Amber told me this morning that she wants it to be Halloween again today. Yikes. :)

Here's another fun (some of you may find it scary) fact: Adam and I are going to the Metallica concert tonight! I can't wait to get all decked out in my rocker gear, wear some mega black eyeliner, and do my share of serious headbanging. If I can muster up my senses by then, I'll post a full report tomorrow. YYYYEEEEAAAHHHH (read that with a booming, James-Hettfield-esque roar)!

9 comments:

Kahananui said...

It looks like you guys all had such a fun Halloween!! Your kids all look adorable in their costumes...and yes so do you!! I'm glad you guys get to go to that concert...I heard Adam talking about it the whole time we were in Utah! Have fun!!!

Deanne said...

Love the costumes! You're definitely talented. I especially love Karli's pirate smile. So cute!

Have fun rockin' out. I used to listen to Metallica back in my headbanging days (seriously, I did). Can't wait to hear about it!

Becky said...

You are one crazy lady! You should wear that wig to the concert or maybe you can shave a mullet off of some biker dude or dudette.
I loved the costumes. You did a great job with them. Yoda has to be my favorite costume for babies. And I'm sure the word order can be easily mastered by any child under the age of 2. Speak like Yoda I can.

Kacey said...

You are nuts! You go from Martha (making costumes) to Metallica! Only you could pull it all off!

Melisa said...

I love me some Enter Sandman! ;)

You made those? Holy smokes! I am in awe of your skills.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

What a talented lady you are! Those costumes are so cute.
I am sooooo jealous that you get to go to Metallica! They will forever be one of my favorite bands. I hope you had a great time!

Amy said...

The costumes all turned out sooo cute! Sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween.

Leslie said...

I can't believe you are going to Metallica. I didn't hear Adam talking about it when we were there. You do make the cutest costumes!!!

Liz said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween. I loved the costumes. I loved seeing your little Yoda. So cute.
How was the concert? I have some friends who were going to go to that. Metallica was my favorite band in 6th grade. My sister went to one of their concerts and got whiplash. She couldn't move her head the next day from all the head banging. :) I had a huge crush on Lars.