Sunday, September 28, 2008

Adam Clark, Esquire

It's official...I am now the proud wife of a Juris Doctor. I already feel smarter, and I'm only the groupie! Adam's diploma came in the mail on Wednesday and it's a magnificent sight to behold (at 16x20 inches, it couldn't be more imposing). I am so proud of Adam's grand achievement and think he is the very best husband and dad ever. Way to go, Adam!

Adam is thinking about pursuing a career in litigation, and, because I love the movie so much, I have to quote Cher from "Clueless": "My daddy is a litigator, which means he charges $500 an hour to argue with people. He argues with me for free, though, because I'm his daughter." Maybe someday the big bucks will roll in, we can pay off our seemingly interminable loans, and I can have my elective total-body reconstructive surgery so I'll look as good as Cher. :)

4 comments:

Melisa said...

That is so awesome! Way to go guys!

Kahananui said...

That is so great!! Congratulations Adam and to Natalie for putting up with all of that for so long :)!!! How exciting!!

Becky said...

Way to go! Now we are both married to juris doctors, too bad I can't really say I'm married to a doctor, but we are in a sense. Can you believe how huge those diplomas are?! I think the one I got from BYU was only an 8 1/2 by 11. These are on some kind of nice velum and are huge! It's going to cost a bundle to get it framed.
"As if!" So, he wants to be a litigator. That's the one thing Chris did not want to do. He's more of the cloistered type lawyers that would prefer doing transactional law, he does not like the idea of being in court, but I'm sure he'll have to get used to the idea as things progress. Good luck to you guys!!!

Leslie said...

hooray! most expensive paper ever!