Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello, I'm Phyllis Neffler

Adam and I got called to be the den leaders of the Bears in Cub Scouts, which means that once a week, three times a month, I'm going to have three eight-year-old boys come to my house and expect to be entertained by activities that don't involve pink, sparkly dress-up clothes or painted toenails. Whatever will we do? All I can say is I'm thrilled that Adam is my partner in this endeavor...otherwise, those poor boys' parents might have a thing or two to say to the Primary president. :)
I am actually really excited for this calling; maybe now I'll find out what boys like to do and how to respond to their gross humor and seemingly ridiculous antics so that when Rex is eight years old, I won't be encouraging him to do something utterly feminine like donning a Giorgio backpack and smashing his way through the underbrush with a tennis racquet.

6 comments:

Melisa said...

That will be quite the learning experience. ;)

Kahananui said...

That sounds like a fun calling!! It'll definitely be interesting. I'm glad that Adam is doing it with you too...that would be hard without a guy!! By the way, I love all your blog updates. Cute family!

Amy said...

You have been busy blogging. I love the pictures from Hogle Zoo...that zoo is awesome! I see they finished the underwater exhibit...nice! I can't believe you guys were called to scouts! That is my idea of a nightmare calling! I'm sure the two of you will be great!

Becky said...

I remember when my mom had that calling and a bunch of little boys would come over to our house and my mom would be wearing this shirt in a horrible shade of yellow. It was like the fashioned the shirt after watching Curious George. May much "boy-ness" rub off on you for Rex's sake :) I'm sure your girls will help him out with the gangster lingo at least.

Lisa said...

Natalie - can I just say I love your blog? You are such a funny person with great wit in your writing. I think the scouts are crazy and I wish you luck with your calling. We have been off the hook until last week, when my husband was called to scouts as well - so Tuesday nights are no longer sacred to us either. 8 year old boys - gotta love 'em and be glad they are someone else's.

Leslie said...

how fun with this. atleast adam gets to help!